Do you deliver?
- Yes – all of our items are available for delivery.
How much will it cost?
- We aim to deliver all items free of charge, but some heavy items, especially the Douglas Fir and Teak Root products have an additional transport charge. Please telephone on 01726 884123 for an individual quote for other areas of the UK.
How long does delivery take?
- Delivery time depends on whether the item is in stock and ready to ship or not. We will notify you of delivery times. Some of our items are available on a 48hr delivery via courier. This is available for weekdays only (Saturday delivery available at premium rate) for items that are in stock and for orders placed before 12 noon. We will notify you of items that are out of stock or unavailable for 48 hr delivery as soon as is possible. If purchasing several items, 48hr delivery may not be possible but we will advise you as soon as possible.
For more information, please look here
Can I view your products before I buy?
We are primarily Internet based but we can accomodate viewings at our Cornwall Warehouse by appointmment. To book an appointment please ring us on 01726 884123 to make sure we have the product ready for your viewing.
I’m looking for something but can’t find what I want?
- We are continually expanding our stock of Sustainable Furniture including our ranges of Reclaimed teak furniture, sustainable school benches and Government standard susitable sustainable furniture. If there is anything you would like, please call one of our team on 01726 884123 regarding the matter.
Do you do engraving?
- Yes, all of our benches including our range of memorial benches, park benches and school benches are all available with engraving as well as plaques. These cost extra, and can be ordered alongside your Sustainable Furniture delivery. If you would like more details please feel free to give us a ring on 01726 884123.
Do you accept returns?
- We have a document outlining all returns policies and procedures, please read this here.
Why choose sustainable furniture?
Public sector buyers as well as socially conscious individuals of the community need to consider the procurement of their office furniture, school benches, park benches, memorial benches, patio furniture and other day to day furniture in a socially responsible and sustainable manner.
Whilst all furniture manufactured from wood causes some lasting impact, buyers can procure furniture from sources that minimise the use of harmful and hazardous substances in their production. Tanalised surface treatment is a prime example where using hazard substances can be avoided for more earth conscious and green products.
Government buying Standards dictate that timber used in the manufacture process must follow the government policy. Effectively each piece of furniture must be created from sustainable forests.
Generally, Sustainable-Furniture UK tends to favor the use of reclaimed and recycled materials which look to recycle wood that would otherwise be unused. Whilst this is effective at using renewable materials it also creates charming unique sustainable furniture which has less of a harmful impact upon the earth.
Government departments and related organisations are by law under obligation to ensure that Government Buying Standards are met when buying furniture. Our ranges of school benches, memorial benches and government office furniture meet these standards.